Calibrated to Olympic specifications the sleeves are machined to a precise 1.975″ diameter to accommodate 2″ Olympic Plates. Ferrous bushings ensure a smooth rotation with a bar end nut and spring pin securing the sleeve. The bar is made from elevated temperature drawn high tensile steel for maximum strength and flexibility. Self-lubricating precision bronze bushes allow the sleeves to constantly rotate, without counter-rotation of the weight plates.
York Barbell have been manufacturing barbells since 1932 to the highest standards. All Olympic bars come with 12 months warranty against manufacturing faults.
Warranty covers structural integrity only, it does not include;
- Normal wear and tear
- Bars stored with weights loaded on the rack
- Bars used outside
- Bars not dropped on a suitable flooring (York Lifting Platforms or 30 mm rubber flooring)
- Negligent usage or abusive dropping of the bar
- Dropping the bar on spotting arms, power rack pins, benches and boxes
- Excessive dropping with Iron plates or damaged bumper plates
Only Elite Olympic Competition and Olympic Training Bars should be used for Olympic lifting movements.